Wednesday, March 08, 2006

FREEDOMLAND
After serving eight months for involuntary manslaughter,
Cassidy was recently released for parole on Thursday,
March 2nd. The Philadelphia rapper, whose real name
is Barry Reese, was serving time in Curran-Fromhold
Correctional Facility, for the fatal shooting of 22-year-old
Desmond Hawkins, as well as two counts of aggravated assault
and possession of an instrument of crime. Cassidy turned
himself in on June 2005 just as his sophomore album,
I'm A Hustla, hit the shelves. In January, Cassidy
released a statement to the press, saying,
"While I am pleased that I was cleared of the murder charges, my
satisfaction is not long lasting, because of the death
of someone who I considered to be my friend, Des Hawkins.
And while I am eager to resume my career as a
recording artist, writer and performer, I am also eager
to be reunited with my family, friends and fans."
Cassidy is now on parole for an unspecified length of time.

No comments: